My whole computing life, I can say that my computer has only been infected by virus 3 times. They are Brontok, JambanMu and another unknown virus. This 3 virus that infected my computer are very smart in infecting computers and also tough to remove. I was able to remove Brontok and JambanMu, hence you can find the articles on how to do that on this site. As for the third virus, it got into my computer few days ago and I believe it is a spyware because I get constant popups on my Internet Explorer browser even though I am not using it.
I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 installed but fully deactivated as I don’t want it to interfere the way I use my computer. So I enabled, updated it and ran a full scan. Found some threats, clean it but problem still there. So I tried Webroot Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware, SpyBot, SuperAntiSpyware and Spyware Terminator but NONE, I say again, NONE was able to remove the spyware on my computer. Ran HijackThis but couldn’t find anything suspicious. Running Deep Monitor couldn’t find any hidden process. Ran AIMFix, wasn’t able to detect any generic virus. Ran a few rootkit removers but found nothing.
I didn’t want to give up and reinstall Windows because of this spyware, so had to continue trying. I found CaSIR on my laptop, ran a quick scan and amazingly the spyware is gone!
CaSIR (Common And Stubborn Infections Remover) is an on-demand malware removal software. It is specially designed to remove the most common and stubborn infections from your computer. It can remove their running processes, their bodies, their registry entries and any other leftovers!
CaSIR doesn’t randomly search for CaSIs (Common and Stubborn Infectors), but it goes directly to the areas that a specific CaSIs infects and removes it from there, hence, it does its job in mere seconds!
Most importantly, CaSIR does more than that. It has a GENERIC and strong technique that allows it to do the following:
- Removes the common restrictions made to your computer by those infectors which none of the AVs deal with.
- Removes the illegitimate services frequently used by those infectors.
- Recognizes and instantly kills and deletes any running process that is disguising itself among the legitimate system services.
- Removes any scripts used by those infectors to autorun.
- Removes any autostarting registry entries related to the illegitimate services he detects.
- Deals with all your storage medias (Fixed, floppy, removable…) and cleans them up all if need be.
- Cleans up your system registry so no more spy keys, garbage activities or messages keep asking for already deleted files.
- Signatures are fully updatable, once you download the software, all you need to do is to download the new definitions frequently and you’re up-to-date and ready-to-go.
That’s all the pros about CaSIR, but here comes the con. CaSIR is free to scan and detect malware infection on your computer but to remove it, you’ll have to buy it at the price of USD14.95.