The latest 2011 version of antivirus engine from Trend Micro (or use to known as PC-Cillin) is called Titanium and uses Cloud technology. The good thing about cloud based antivirus is it is supposed to be light on your system and don’t require hourly or daily virus definition updates. In my opinion, cloud based antivirus works best when you are connected to the Internet as the analyzing of suspicious file and detection is performed on the remote server rather on local computer. Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 license is being sold at a pretty high price of $69.95 per year because other than an antivirus module, it also includes data theft prevention, parental controls and antispam.
Thanks to jhzhu17 for informing that there is a promotion for Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 which allows anyone to get a 1 year license for free but with a catch that the user interface is in Chinese (NOT AGAIN!). Before you stop reading, I have a good news which is I managed to analyzed on how to change the graphical user interface to English. You would be one of the first to learn how to do it from this website, just like changing from Chinese to English interface for Kaspersky which is now widespread but unfortunately not credited :( Anyway, continue reading if you would like to get your free 1 year Trend Micro Internet Security 2011 license and also learn how to change from Chinese to English interface.
1. Download the Trend Micro Internet Security 2011 setup based on your Windows operating system.
2. Extract and run the executable to install. The installation would be in Chinese, so simply follow the step-by-step instruction based on the screenshot below.
3. Right click on the Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 tray icon at the notification area and select the last option to terminate the program.
4. Now go to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\UniClient\UiFrmwrk\ and open UIProfile.cfg file with your text editor such as Notepad.
5. At line 75 and 85 which shows ZH-CN, change both of it to EN-US and save the changes.
6. Now run Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011 shortcut either from desktop or Start Menu. You will notice that the splash screen is now showing in English. Not only that, even all the shortcuts has been magically renamed to English wordings.
Do note that this is still a trial license but legitimately prolonged for 1 year instead of the normal 30 days. I could have figured this out much sooner and have this posted yesterday but I couldn’t because of my fussy baby that cries so much that is causing me to go in to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) mode :P Anyway, remember that you first learn this from Raymond.CC Technology Blog.