We have previously talked about how to Recover the Windows Login password within minutes which allows you to recover your Windows password online. Another method to login to a password protected Windows even if you do not have the password is by making Windows accept any password, and this is a far better way to get into Windows XP. It is easy and it does not reset the password which will definitely alert the administrator of the computer. Kon-Boot is another fantastic tool for doing this and there are free and paid versions available that will allow access to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and even Linux without knowing the password. Kon-Boot is also present on the great Hiren’s Boot CD rescue disc.
There are also other useful methods getting into a password protected Windows such as cracking the password so you can find out what the real password is. Hacking into a computer running Windows XP without changing or resetting the password will allow you to find out all and any passwords on the machine (including admin accounts). You do not need access to any accounts to do this, but of course, do not perform this method on anyone else’s computer without proper authorization. The hacking method described below works only on Windows XP.
1. Get physical access to the machine. Remember that it must have a CD or DVD drive.
3. Unzip the downloaded dpl.zip with the password raymond and you’ll get a dpl.ISO image.
4. Burn the ISO using a burning program that is capable of burning ISO images.
5. After you have the disc, boot it from the CD or DVD drive. You will see Windows 2000 Setup and it will load some files.
6. Press “R” to install DreamPackPL. If you get a “Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer” error, refer to this post on the subject.
7. Press “C” to install DreamPackPL by using the recovery console.
8. Select the Windows installation that is currently on the computer (Normally is “1” if you only have one Windows installed).
9. Backup your original sfcfiles.dll by typing:
ren C:\Windows\System32\sfcfiles.dll sfcfiles.lld
10. Copy the hacked file from CD to System32 folder. Type the following (assuming your CD drive is D:):
copy D:\i386\pinball.ex_ C:\Windows\System32\sfcfiles.dll
11. Type “exit“, take out disk and reboot to Windows normally.
12. In the user password field, type “dreamon” (without quotes) and the DreamPack menu will appear.
13. Click the top gray graphic in the DreamPack window and you will get a menu popup. Go to Commands -> Commands Settings.
14. In the Commands Settings window, enable the God-Password by putting a tick in its box. Click OK.
15. Now type “god” into the user password field to get in Windows.
You can also go to the DreamPackPL Passwords menu and select “Logon with wrong password and hash”. This option allows you to login with ANY password instead of using god everytime.
Note: We were unable to bring up the DreamPackPL for the first time because Kaspersky Anti-Virus was already running in background. Most antivirus software today has already labeled this tool as a Hack-Tool. A Hack-Tool is NOT a virus. DreamPackPL merely helps you bypass the Windows Login screen and it is not destructive. For your information, files that are not detected aren’t necessarily 100% safe because there are private crypter tools being sold in underground forums that can make a detected file fully undetected by any antivirus.
Power Tip: If you are on Windows 7, we discovered that there is a working backdoor method where you can run an elevated command prompt with system privileges. This will allow you to reset any user account password or even creating a new administrator account without even logging in.